Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Urban or Rural





Oregon has a unique law called the Urban growth boundary. This means that developments and new houses have to be within this boundary. This law protects farms. As a result you can be in the country and still be only minutes from downtown. Today Ethan and I went berry picking on a farm, and we were only about 20 minutes from downtown. Across the street (I'm no pic) is city like housing where the houses are all crammed in next to each other, due to the Urban growth boundary.

We had a lot of fun picking berries. Ethan was a good sport, most of the time He really just wanted to throw sticks and ride his scooter. But he hung in there. Enjoy the picks!

1 comment:

The Wisconsin Wheatleys said...

Oh my gosh! He looks like a mini version of John! What a cutie. I just put a copy of our most recent family photo in the mail for you. Let me know when you get it. Oliver looks like a mini Matt, one more thing we have in common :)