Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Idaho

It had been over 7 years since I had been home for the Preston Rodeo Days and not that much less since I had been home altogether for an extended period of time. But the boys and I made a trip this year and the kids loved it. I forgot how slow paced and care-free life can be in the summer of small isolated town. The boys loved the endless amount of grass to run on, and just plain old fun in the dirt in the country. We went swimming, ate at the Main Street Grill which is closing due to contract issues :(, played at the park went to the parade, carnival, rode bikes, met up with friends, planted flowers and went jogging which wasn't as hard with the elevation, but I couldn't get much over 3 miles or so.  Here are pictures of the highlights.

Isn't he so darned cute? :)
Ethan loving french fries on the way to grandma and grandpa's house. I drove the 13 hours by myself with the boys. They did really good!!
Liam loves sweets. We went to the fat boy factory and had some ice-cream.
Candy at the Parade. Liam loved throwing it back at the floats. He didn't get that we get to keep it.


One of Ethan's favorite things about being in the country is the tractors on the road. He would shout like there was a fire at the park when he saw one because it was so cool. All the local kids probably thought he was crazy. When we returned to Oregon, he got a free library book, and what did he choose? A book about tractors in honor of seeing so many in Idaho.

Ethan loving the parade and catching candy.
This is the ride I made John go on... the first of many he will have to. He has never been on a thrill ride I found out recently. They don't sit well with my stomach anymore, but I toughed it out for him.

Give a kid lots of land and he will play all day. Yes Ethan is in his pajamas picking crab apples off the neighbor's tree and putting them in his helmet.  He played hard all week. He asks regularly to go back. I've realized I'm raising country kids in the city.
Just some of the flowers, of course the boys couldn't stay out of the dirt.
Meeting up with a dear friend at Ross Park. This is the best picture I have. I didn't take enough photos at all.

1 comment:

The Wisconsin Wheatleys said...

Liam is soooo beautiful! Gorgeous family :)