Sunday, January 15, 2012

Upper Table Rock

Since Becca came to visit we decided to try out some of the local hiking. One place I have been wanting to try since we moved was Table Rock. There are two of them and we chose the shorter hike at 2.8 miles. I'm super proud of Ethan for making it the whole way! It was cold and got colder throughout the hike, and we weren't able to spend as much time on the top as I would have hoped so we will be back there again soon. It was really pretty and view was gorgeous also. Most of the pictures looks like it was about to snow though. It was cold. Liam stayed curled up in my arms all the way home, and wouldn't even go back in the hiking pack, he didn't like the cold too much.
Luggin the baby up the mountain. Go mama!

View of Table Rock on the top. Very rocky and yet flat. really pretty.

Becca sporting a new look for singles. I call it the borrow a baby and carry it up the mountain for extra exercise look :) 
On the edge of the south side of Table Rock. Ethan was really nervous. It was a big drop.

I realize this is an odd photo, but it was the best view of the valley I had. I'm on the very edge of the top of table rock. It goes straight down from there. 

John and more view of the Valley. 

Squeak! Need I say more :)

Definitely in his element here.

Cute Boy loves being outside despite the chilly temperature.

A view of my sister lugging Liam and also a view of the top of the rock. Almost no trees, which is the opposite of the trail to get to here.

Ethan climbing down a rock on the trail. It was steep and he loves the climbing adventure.

No comments: