Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easter and John's birthday

In lieu of a lot of really cute easter pictures we are combining posts today.
Easter was fun, kids woke up and found their baskets and new "kicking kick ball" (coined by Liam means soccer ball). They also found their eggs.

Ethan also got a bike bell, one that he has begged for for about two years now. We finally gave in this year mostly because it came with a needed helmet for Liam. But anyways, it has turned out to be a really good thing because he bikes a lot now that there aren't gaining wheels and he goes far, but I can always tell where he his because I can hear him. Yes he rings it that much. On a side note, Ethan and I went for a 4 mile + bike ride Saturday. He wasn't event that tired. I'm excited to make good use of the Bear Creek trail with him this summer. Can't believe how athletic he his.

This was Easter breakfast. Weird I don't have dinner too. Oh well. As you can tell the pictures are pretty horrible. It doesn't help that Ethan insisted on wearing a very non matching tie with his shirt today for church. 



Yes I only added this photo because I wanted you to see his tie shirt combo, but he did wear pants not shorts to church if you were wondering.



John's cake. This was a labor of love. He likes really good cake. This is a recipe from the cook illustrator's  and it has been tested well over 400 times for the perfect recipe. And it sure was complicated but it turned out ok. It didn't look great, but tasted yummy and got better overnight.

This was dinner, a bbq chicken salad on sprouts and lettuce. Yummy!


I don't know why all the photos are about food this time. It is where all my time went.
Happy BIrthday John!

1 comment:

Raree (RAH-ree) said...

Life IS about food - so the post was appropriate. :) hahaha Okay, so I suppose it's really not, but I feel that way sometimes. Living from one meal to the next!