Saturday, November 27, 2010

Polar Express

Whenever I ask Ethan what he wants for Christmas all he ever says is a big train. We see trains all over the place and he is always disappointed that he never gets to ride in one, so finally today we did. There is a railroad not far from Portland that runs a train called the Polar express. Its just like the movie/book. Ethan was just excited to be on a real big train, and the bonuses came when they served us hot chocolate and cookies. Then when we got to the "North Pole" Santa came on and gave all the kids bells. Too cute!! ON the way home I asked Ethan if he had fun and he relied saying. "Yeah. Someday I'm going to get on the big train all by "meself" and I'm going to work on it too." (He doesn't say myself, its always me-self.)

And of course here are the pictures for show and tell:

Our attempt to get a family photo. Ethan has unfortunately hit that stage where he longer cooperates during picture taking. Any suggestions?
 Liam is an observer, he pays attention to everything.
 I think Liam is the first kid to love Santa so young. It seems like in every kids first photo with Santa the kids is crying to get away. Not Liam. He smiled in his arms, loved the bell he got and then fussed a little when Santa gave him back to us.
 Ethan was more happy to see Santa than he showed here, we just didn't get a good shot.

No comments: