Monday, June 4, 2012

Redwoods

Here is our campsite and a few other goodies. 
This was the fulfilling moment for me. As a child we got the National Geographic magazine. One year there was a special on the Redwoods. This tree was in it, and other amazing photos. I have wanted to do it ever since, and now I can say I've done it.

And this was our glorious camp site. That road right behind there is the Avenue of the giants! When we first arrived some other people biking had taken our spot. John had (very nicely) asked them to move. It was a good thing, I would have been mean to them because later we ended up eating smores with them and they took the pictures for us on around the campsite. They were biking from Portalnd to San Francisco Via Hwy 101 and 1. Crazy and cool. I may have to try that some day.

This may look upside down but it isn't. They cuddled for their nap. How cute is that! They are such good boys!!

 This Tree Stump pictured above and below was part of our camp site. On the left you see the big dark spot. There was a forest fire that came through here an number of years ago. There is a whole left from it. John started telling ethan about a scary monster that lived there. I made him stop abruptly so I could sleep peacefully without crying children. :)
I just really like this picture. I have two really cute boys even with chocolate road trip snack smeared all over.




No comments: